We’ve certainly got our own issues, but thinking/hoping few people would call us “dicks” – that precise adjective that describes a very small sect of men who are… well… just “dicks.” It’s tough to describe the exact characteristics of such a man, but you know who we’re talking about. Luckily, few if any of our Grooming Lounge guests could be described as such (our gents are salt of the earth). But if we/you regularly do any of these things, you might be wading into “dick” territory. Wade carefully…
You’re probably a “dick” if you:
1. Honk at the car in front of you less than 1 second after the light changes (the bad, angry kind of honk).
2. Spit gum into urinals.
3. Call someone “boss” who is not your boss. Even worse if he/she is your boss. “Hoss” is even worse.
4. Charge into an elevator before letting someone off – and don’t even seem to care about it.
5. Drop cigarettes wherever you like.
6. Do the handshake where you grab person’s hand and forearm simultaneously. OK only for Bill Clinton.
7. Are older than 25, not professional athlete and chew and randomly spit out sunflower seeds wherever you like at an athletic event.
8. Raise the volume of your voice when speaking to some for who English is a second language. It’s probably more the clarity of your words and the enunciation — and less the volume.
9. Wink (non-ironically).
10. Write a list about “what makes someone a ‘dick’.